I saw Avenue Q last Thursday. It was wonderful - funny, irreverent, hilarious, innocent and x-rated all at the same time. If you don't know the story, it is a musical with Sesame Street type puppets who all live in a run down apartment on Avenue Q, who are experiencing the challenges of early adulthood: independence, finding a relationship, sexuality and finding purpose. The acting and singing are excellent. Some of the songs include, "It Sucks To Be Me", "For Now", "If You Were Gay", "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist", "I Wish I could Go Back to College", and "The Internet is for Porn".
It was hilarious and fun and had a positive message - "For now we're healthy, for now we're employed (well some of us), for now we're happy, if not overjoyed. Life may be scary, but it's only temporary. Everything in life is only for now."
If you have the opportunity - go see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment