These are my friends Madonna and Laurie from Anchorage, Alaska. I met Laurie about five years ago while I was on business on the North Slope of Alaska. We were both attending a benefit fair at BP. I was promoting counseling and she was promoting the Bicycle Club of Anchorage. Since then we have been on several Excellent Adventures - on a campout on a glacier river in Alaska, the Grand Canyon, Resurrection Trail in Alaska (on the day of 24 hours of sun), and now to Zion, Bryce and the north side of the Grand Canyon. We will be backpacking one night in Zion. I hope I like it!
This photo was taken after our first of three days mountain biking on through the Resurrection Trail in Alaska. I look a little out of it because I was so tired I truly thought I might die AND we had TWO more days!! I realized I had bitten off a little more than I could chew.
This photo was taken at the Resurrection Pass - the highest point on the trail. Yes, there was snow, it was June 21st, and yes, we pushed our bikes through it. It was fun - if you like that sort of thing!
Yes, this is a fresh paw print of a large BEAR. I was terrified of running into bears but my friends assured me that most likely we would not run into any bears. When they come to Arizona they are terrified of stepping scorpions. I assure them that most likely the will not step on any scorpions.I am hoping for a more tranquil, peaceful and not life-threatening trip to Zion, Bryce and the north side of the Grand Canyon.

57°F
Current: Sunny
Wind: E at 6 mph
Humidity: 31%
Wind: E at 6 mph
Humidity: 31%
This is the temperature near Zion, Utah where we will be backpacking.
sounds like your kind of fun, and nice that your friend from alaska is in
ReplyDelete