Monday, May 10, 2010

Cohen Jonathan Westfall

WOW!! New babies --

So much has happened in such a short time, it is difficult to recall the time sequence. I think my texts, starting on Saturday, May 8th, tell the story:

7:35 am (me) to Sarah:
r u there? do you need anything?
7:58 (S to me)
No, they called at 4 am saying they couldn't get me in at 6. They are going to let me know when to come in.
7:59 (me)
wow they must be busy
10:27 (S)
We are on our way to the hospital.
11:00 am (me)
great. let me know when you are set.
11:28 am (S)
K. pitocin is all set. We are in the room we are going to deliver in.
11:37 am (M)
do u want me to head up there?
11:38 am (S)
We are in room 126.
12:01 pm
on my way. do u want anything?


So I arrived and we spent a few hours watching a mother's day movie marathon. Father of the BrideI and II; then things picked up and from here my texts are between Nell and me. She was and still is also nine months pregnant and really wanted to be in labor too. Anyway:
3: 39 pm Me to N:
contractions evry cpl minutes...she is....
3:43 pm N to m
Not too what? Is it hurting now?
3:52 pm
didn't mean to send that .... yes starting to hurt
3:55 pm (N)
Poor girl. Get that epidural
6:19 pm (N)
r u still there?
6:46 pm (m)
yes.. she is at a 6
6:52 (N)
that's good
6:53 (me)
she's tired
6:53 (N)
what r u guys doing?
6:54 (N)
is the epidural working? Hopeful she can take a nap now and rest up for later. Shouldn't be long now.
6:56 (me)
what r u doing
6:58 (N)
We re heading home. Been out all day pushing it :)
6:58 (me)
wow
7:05 (me)
you should be resting! u cld have a long nite ahead!
7:07 (N)
Don't patronize me
7:15 (me)
blah blah
7:50 (N)
When can u step out and call me? Home line.
8:32 (me)
still at a 6
12:40 am May 9th (me)
pushing!
2:03 am (me)
c section
2:04 (N)
r u serious?????? Call me if u can. Why?
2:13 am (me)
baby didn't like pushing...i will call u


So I called her and walked her through the next few minutes. The baby was born at 2:17 am. I stayed on the phone with her until I saw through the window, Dave pushing the baby into the triage room. I could hear the new born baby cries....and a hospital worker said to me... "new baby... go that way to the triage room...." I ran to the triage room where that brand new baby was and the tears of joy spilled out. I asked when Sarah would be out and the nurse said (they had already told me but I forgot) that she would be in there for about 30 more minutes. I was so overwhelmed with the baby that I hung up on N. so she did know what was going on for a while.
3:08 am (N)
name? weight? picture? How's Sarah? Update? I'm on pins and needles!!!
3:25 am (N)
is everything ok?
3:30 am (me)
yes. s is here in recov. she is really exhausted but fine. d is feeding baby. baby is perfect. lots of long hair
3:31 am (me)
8.2 lbs 21.5 in. 2 17 am no name
3:32 am (N)
8.2! Wow!
3:33 am (me)
8.3
3:34 am (N)
Picture?

And that is the story of new baby westfall's entry into this world. What a blessed event. Sarah was a trooper and is doing well.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful story, beth. i cried too. dave looks so cute holding little cohen and you all look tired and overwhelmed. sorry she had to have a ces. but i/m sure it was for the best. give her my love. so proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story Beth, about little Cohen coming into this world...made me cry too! And your Sarah was a real trooper through it all!

    Jeri (Cohen's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY got to view your beautiful BLOG.
    So wonderful to get an insight into the awesome miracles happening in your recent life!
    You are so blessed with your wonderful growing family!
    Cousin Jeannie

    ReplyDelete