Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OMG - time moves quickly!


Here it is cinco de mayo and I have not posted in it seems like weeks!

Top to bottom:
The gang from the recent 4 day retreat at Arcosanti, lead by Therese Fitzgerald (center red jacket). The topic was complicated but what I came away with was standing my ground vs. taking my place. It was about how everything is inter-related - when one thing happens then another happens. Simply put - there is karma out there so be nice to yourself and everyone else.


Third photo: my daughters 8 plus months along. I kept my phone with me the entire time I was gone just in case I needed to make a run to a hospital. As of today both are getting really tired of being pregnant.


Last photo - another trip to the Desert Botanical Garden butterfly display. This time with Ava (isn't she cute!) ... and the butterfly on my shirt. Beautiful Natalie joined us too, but she is not in the photo.

I am involved with an outplacement organization and it has been helpful and encouraging. I am leaning towards "portfolio" employment. That would include a part-time job to cover the basics and then developing training, organizational consulting, conflict resolution and critical incident response. I have met several people who have successfully accomplished this and it is definitely more of what I enjoy doing.

Peaceful karma.....

2 comments: