Sunday, October 14, 2012

Prague and Karlovy Vary

A visit to the Czech Republic.


I had the opportunity to travel to the Czech Republic. It was a bus tour that left at 1030pm , drove all night and arrived in Prague at 7 am. The ride was bumpy but I did sleep off and on for about 5 hours. We had a fabulous breakfast and then embarked on a five hour walking tour of Prague. I then went to the spa associated with the hotel, and afterwards fell into a deep sleep. The next morning we left early and went to Karlovy Vary, a charming spa town known for healing waters and Czech crystal. The church was built in 1732, which is new in European terms. People strolled around sipping the 'curative' waters out of small ceramic mugs with attached ceramic straws. I declined after numerous severe warnings by our tour guide who warned us about the 'cleansing' qualities of the water and how we were only going top ONCE on or 7 hour return trip.

I even made some fun purchases in Karlovy, including crystal goblets and garnets and savorsky crystal earrings...my first purchases.



Here are some of the photos from both days:


2 comments: