Random facts about Paris:
St. Chapelle is n example of flamboyant Gothic architecture, built in the 1200's (everything is so old here), by King Louis IX. It was built to store sacred relics. He had the actual
Crown of thorns (later lost sometime in the 1500's). The walls are made from stained glass...the most beautiful I've seen. The colors were so vivid.
- there are 1060 steps to the second level of the Eiffel Tower (which I climbed)
- the EiffelTower was built for the 1889 World's fair. The Parians wanted to tear it down after the fair was over, but then loved it beca use everyone else did.
The ET is made of iron
It takes 50 tons of paint to paint the ET
521 people have attempted suicide by jumping off the ET- 520 were successful.
The motto of the French Revolution was 'liberty, equality, fraternity'
- Masses of Protestants were murdered by Catholics in the 1500's to keep France a Catholic state.
-Notre Dame took 300 years to build. It was desecrated during the French Revolution and was later restored.
- Notre Dame is the finest example of French Gothic architecture.
I could go on and on....
Jim Morrison's grave is Ina very old cemetery. I noticed his grave is next to a grave from 1871. It is surrounded by a fence, so you can't get close to it. People have written on the neighboring crypts and trees... Stuff like 'mr. Mojo', and 'Grazie Jim', and 'Peace', and 'hello, I love you'...
- see if you can recognize the scene from Midnight in Paris', where the classic car picks up Gil.
More photos








Yes, I recognize that street from Midnight in Paris. Tell your youngest daughter Jim M. And I did not "hook up". These youngsters will believe anything. I just remember walking on campus and hearing Light My Fire being played on loudspeakers hanging from trees. Did that really happen or was it a dream? So I always connect Jim M with BSU.
ReplyDeleteHope I can go to Paris some day.
Love, love, love the photos. Please keep them coming, and please keep sending posts. Can you hit the microphone button on your i-pad and dictate?
ReplyDeleteAnd ..... I recognize the scene from Midnight in Paris!
Susie, you should definitely go to Paris. And you know how Sarah is....I remember being a freshman and going dances at Cathedral and everyone dancing to 'Come on baby, light my fi- aaaaaaaarrrreeee'
ReplyDeleteThanks Kathy. I tried hitting the microphone button and it looked like it was recording but it did not show up.
The same tour guide is doing a New Year's Eve tour to Paris. I would go if I were here!