



It has been a LONG, HOT, HUMID week here in Texas. When we walked into our building on Monday the AC was out. Warm air was blowing from the wall air conditioners.
I called our contact to let him know the AC was out and he said he would report it but wanted me to know that the contractor had 7 days to respond and that was to
an emergency.
By the end of the day my clothes were
damp.
I was
exhausted
and
sweaty.
I felt
deflated.
On Tuesday I went to a daylong seminar on Enhanced Performance. I kept thinking
(viagra)
or something like that which would make me laugh to myself.
But it was about
MENTAL SKILLS FOUNDATIONS
FIVE ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
1. BUILDING CONFIDENCE
2. GOAL SETTING
3. ATTENTION CONTROL
4. ENERGY MANAGEMENT
5. INTEGRATING IMAGERY
It was really well presented, with helpful information, exercises and useful for anyone.
I have been recommending it all week. It is really about attitude and when it gets down to it:
ATTITUDE IS ALL WE CAN CONTROL!!!!!!
FIVE ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
1. BUILDING CONFIDENCE
2. GOAL SETTING
3. ATTENTION CONTROL
4. ENERGY MANAGEMENT
5. INTEGRATING IMAGERY
It was really well presented, with helpful information, exercises and useful for anyone.
I have been recommending it all week. It is really about attitude and when it gets down to it:
ATTITUDE IS ALL WE CAN CONTROL!!!!!!
Wednesday I reported back to the hot building. It was still hot. I called the contact and
blah blah blah.
I felt angry and frustrated by the end of the day.
Thursday - no AC
By this morning, it was tough to get myself "motivated" but I put on linen slacks, and a non-clingy shirt - thinking of the coolest items to wear.
As soon as we got out of the car, we were moved to another building.
The building has AC that works!! What a miracle.
.
The good part of the week is that I am in a great exercise routine (every night one hour)
and eating healthy with lots of good protein and veggies.
and a glass of wine :-)
These photos of my little darlings (that are sprinkled throughout this post) were sent to me this week and they make me smile
and
smile
and
smile!
blah blah blah.
I felt angry and frustrated by the end of the day.
Thursday - no AC
By this morning, it was tough to get myself "motivated" but I put on linen slacks, and a non-clingy shirt - thinking of the coolest items to wear.
As soon as we got out of the car, we were moved to another building.
The building has AC that works!! What a miracle.
.
The good part of the week is that I am in a great exercise routine (every night one hour)
and eating healthy with lots of good protein and veggies.
and a glass of wine :-)
These photos of my little darlings (that are sprinkled throughout this post) were sent to me this week and they make me smile
and
smile
and
smile!
I've been trying to post a comment, but it won't let me! Just wanted to say hi, that you're doing a great job with your blog! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Susie! I enjoy writing it. I will try and come in August - before my next assignment, wherever that might be!
ReplyDeleteso glad you finally are able to work in an a.c.building. pictures are darling. did you say something about august>
ReplyDelete