Friday, June 11, 2010

It's Not A Dry Heat.......





I just realized that the title for THIS post would have been a better Title for my last post, because this is NOT a dry heat and in Arizona it is a big thing to say,

"OH, IT'S A DRY HEAT"

when it is about 110 degrees out. But it is true it IS a dry heat compared to this heat.
I guess it is obvious I am still getting used to the Texas weather. The weather is so different than AZ. Every day this week has been so muggy - the air is so heavy when I walk out into it each morning my whole being droops.......but I bet it is really good for my skin!

Today is Friday and it is the last day of my first full week of work -



It is an honor to do this work.

Today I was laughing to myself because most therapists I know spend a lot of time and thought decorating their offices. The chairs are placed just so; the lighting is soft and comforting; often there is a small fountain that creates a lovely sound. The colors create a warm environment. Good books are in the book case and attractive pictures are on the walls.

I took a few photos of the office where I invite the soldiers to sit down. It may lack in ambience - but rich interactions take place. I am given what ever office is available that day - so it changes from day to day.

1 comment:

  1. the place looks rather grim, but i'm sure you add warmth to it. the weather seems to be just like ours, humid and hot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete