Friday, March 15, 2013

1 Day From Departure for San Diego


I have no business creating a time consuming post right now.  

It is 10 14 am on Friday and I am leaving for San Diego about this time tomorrow.

I have to pack, pick up some slacks from tailoring, library, return something at Gap,

get my work papers organized,

clean my house, do laundry,

pack my car,

clean out refrigerator and make a list of "dos" and "don'ts" for my house

since I will be house sharing my house for the next three weeks.

So, I have Lucinda Williams blasting on Pandora

and I want to add a few photos to my blog:





John is such a devil.......








 Desert Botanical Garden sculpture

I love this photo because this looks like a classic photo of children on an outing.

This sculpture represented Spring - they liked it the best.

There were also sculptures for Winter, Summer and Fall.





In the butterfly exhibit at Desert Botanical Garden

They all wanted a butterfly to land on them so they held there hands out.





She's a millionaire - fun with an app that puts titles on photos  









They made a house out of umbrellas - Stella and Ava

I was not allowed inside









Beautiful spring flowers






Blowing dandelions these two really took it seriously!






Apple pie I baked with Ava's help








Squeezing in a little more fun

At the Dinosaur Museum with Rex.

He liked the Humpty Dumpty sculpture




This is one funky natural hot springs about 50 miles west of Phoenix

it's been there for a while




I took Maureen and Peg out there for a birthday present


Mo's shot of me in the hot springs









This was our private little area







here we are!

Now, seriously, I need to get packing!!!!!






4 comments:

  1. so good to see the new blog. sounds like you kind of hate to leave. i know how you'll miss everyone. wish you were coming here. who's staying in your house?....hjw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to get back to work. I have enjoyed all of my time off but it's time! Looking forward to meeting all the new people, and getting used to a new city, and, oh yeah, the Pacific Ocean!!!!

    The person I am staying with in San Diego is coming to PHX for three weeks. So while I stay at her house, she will be staying in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering when you were leaving for your new assignment. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.
    Great pics.
    Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    Your patio looks fantastic.
    It seems as if you had some good times in between your unexpected illnesses.
    And thanks for the hot springs tip.
    Looking forward to the news from San Diego.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete