Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Journey

I miss writing on my blog. So I am just going to start in and WRITE!!

First of all I decided it was time to remove myself from my comfortable surroundings and familiarity so that I could take some time and look within to see if I could get some direction on which way to go on my career path.

My brother graciously hosted my in his apartment right smack dab in the middle of D.C., as in
Washington D.C. I flew there last Wednesday and we immediately went for a run (his idea - I used to LOVE to run but not so much now). Off we went on a run down the mall. He pointed out Smithsonian buildings and museums and the WWII monument, past the Washington monument and on to the Cherry Blossoms - millions of beautiful Cherry trees in bloom. They were fluffy and white and pink. We ran to the Lincoln Memorial and turned and turned around. I was so exhilarated that I hardly noticed we ran 4.5 miles! It felt great. He took me out for steak and martini to the Chop House.

I walked NINE hours the next day and five hours the next day. I wanted to share some photos but my journey took an unexpected twist. I flew from Philly to Indy on Sunday and am now sitting upstairs at my parents house typing away on an odd computer -but it works - no photos though.

It is good to be with family. I attended a beloved Uncle's funeral and have now decided to scrape and paint my parent's garage. It is a dirty job but someone needs to do it. It actually feels good to see an immediate result of one's work. So it is spring in Indiana and I am here doing a..... garage meditation. Yep, that's what it is a garage meditation.

more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment