:- ) :-) :-)
The first picture includes my Aunt Patty, myself and my mother. My AP is my godmother. Her husband, Uncle Fred, who died on April 2nd, was my godfather. They were my godparents. In our large Irish Catholic family being a godparent was very important. It meant that I always received a birthday card and a Christmas present from Aunt Patty and Uncle Fred. Being remembered on my birthday and at Christmas is always nice but what it really meant is that a special relationship developed. In recent years I have given them Christmas presents. Growing up I always felt like they had a special interest in me. They were present at picnics and graduations, weddings and family get-togethers.
Over the years, whenever I am in Indy I make an effort to visit them and they seem to enjoy the visit. They are interested in how my life is going and how my kids are doing and now my grandkids. It always feels good to see them. They have been a consistent connection my whole life and I love them.
I realized that I did not include any photos of my sister Susie is my earlier posts. Susie is an all around good person. She is thoughtful and generous. Here you see her squeezing me out of the picture and enjoying a concoction I prepared for her.
I am lucky to have my family.
Peace out -
very nice beth. you are a family person. i love them all too.
ReplyDelete