Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sister visit San Diego





EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW




Tonight while I was walking in my neighborhood,

a skunk scuttled across the street right in front of me....

about 15 feet..



Weird.

It is an interesting area I live in...

rural and a little older about 6 blocks from the ocean up on a hill.

Feels like country


Then as I continued my walk I saw a 


dead rat on the side of the road.



eeeeewwwwwwwwww



Anyway, other than that, I went to the beach to watch the sunset and it was


spectacular!!!


I have had quite a week with my sisters visiting and busy at work.

Tomorrow I fly home (hopefully) for the birth

of a grandchild.


Not just any grandchild, but, ahem, 

my TENTH grandchild!


jeez. how lucky am I!!!

Well, even if the child is not born, it will be a good visit home.




So, some photos of the past week.....


we did have a great time.....




aaaaahhhh

the sunsets are to die for






The sisters spent a few nights downtown in a darling boutique hotel they both enjoyed


then they rented a car for the day and drove to La Jolla

Patsy did the segway tour and Susie strolled to the beach.

It sounded like they both enjoyed the day.

I  collected them in LaJolla and we eventually found our way to OldTown

where we had a delicious bite to eat then then went to the Dbacks vs. Padres game.


I love going to games, this was my third at the Padre stadium and it was fun 


other then the Dbacks did not win.










wait a minute..... how did this get in there???


a big girl, W, drinking out of a straw.....

such a big girl.













this was the DELICIOUS hamburger we all had at the restaurant in


Old Town (known for Mexican food...but believe me, this was outstanding!)







OK


after a slight mix up on the hotel as in I made the reservation for the week


AFTER 

the girls were here.....

but after much indigestion....

it all worked out.

OH 

and then after I prepared a delicious breakfast of

french toast on Saturday morning 

and we kind of lazily made our way onto the highway for the 40 minute drive up to where the boat took off for Catalina Island....

oh, but wait, the traffic came to a DEAD stop and we inched our way up to the turn off where we missed the boat by about 10 minutes...


but we called and we could still leave if we drove about 50 miles further 

which of course we did because we were going to go to 

CATALINA....

and we did ..

so here we are on the boat ready for the boat ride











and it was a great boat ride....

really pretty being out on the water





As soon as we arrived we realized we must have hats....



not just any hat....

but the 


perfect hat....

for each of us.....









and we found them......


 



eventually we found ourselves at this place,

off the beaten path






and where the locals hung out.


we liked it.

We had two pitchers of margaritas.






we took lots of pictures...


here, Susie is showing Patsy some of her favorites....







an artsy shot of Susie





 Sunday

We went to the beach in Leucadia

Susie wanted Patsy to take photos of her..... so she did.







and then I took some of both of them.





and Patsy took more of Susie










then we had a friendly stranger take a few of us.















gosh that sunset is gorgeous....












Monday night Susie and I took some wine and crackers to the beach for the sunset...


here I am enjoying the sunset.













and Susie, enjoying the sunset.


How lucky am I????


It was a great visit.

Even though I swore like a sailor when I couldn't sleep on the blow up mattress.

Still ....

happy they came, it was fun.


3 comments:

  1. susan was over and told us all about her visit and what a fun time she had. so nice...hjw

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a fun trip. So glad we all could get together! ... Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stealing some of these pictures. Thanks for your hospitality. I had a great vacation! Hope that baby is arriving today! She/he has the longest day of the year to appear.

    ReplyDelete