Thursday, June 13, 2013

San Diego County Fair

When I am on assignment

(like I am now)

it feels kind of like being in college.

I'm living in temporary housing

(although I DO have my mortgage and all related expenses)

I have to report to work every day Monday through Friday

and sometimes over the weekends,

I'm around a group of about 30 other people who are doing the same work.


So we are all in it together,

kind of like college.

(only plus 40 years or so....)

So, on the weekends all we want to do is have fun.

Since we are by the sea and the weather is moderate,

and San Diego is a large city .... there are lots of fun things to do.

So, 


this past weekend we went to the San Diego County Fair.

I haven't been to a fair in YEARS.















I started my day with a big fat bag of kettle corn.

it was delicious....all salty and sweet.










We roamed around lots of exhibits, waiting for the Beach Boys who were playing at 7:30 pm

We went to the wood working display.

Wow.

The above is a cradle.









This is a baby crib.







Another crib...

guess I took these because my own father builds cradles for all of the great


great

grandchildren.....

and seeing these makes me see what artwork is involved in the creative process.










And, quilts....

impressive.

I don't know that much about quilts but I can see that this quilt had many, many patterns in it.

It was all hand stitched.

I could tell the ones that were done on a machine and the ones that were hand stitched.

(thanks to my mother's many, many quilts.)










another stand out quilt







and finally.....

the Beach Boys.

Wait a minute....

Mike Love, in the above photo was the ONLY original Beach Boy.....


jeez....that's what 50 years does for ya.....

he also had his son and daughter in the band.

But all in all....the harmonizing was great and they played  all the


old Beach Boys hits.....

all the Baby Boomers were rocking out.








digging the music....









1 comment:

  1. wow....those quiltsade my fingers hurt. always fun to go to the fair...hjw

    ReplyDelete