I know it sounds like great fun to be in
San Diego
and the beach and all....
but it's not all sun, and sand, and beach and fun.
This past weekend I was forced to go to the wine country in Temeculah.
Yes, this is the name of the Winery - COUGAR
one of my friends SWORE she had seen the logo and bottles at
Trader Joe's in Phoenix.
AU CONTRAIRE, MON AMIE
(spelling?)
the wine is ONLY sold at the winery.
I sampled the reds.
The fun was stolen from me when one of my companions
stared closely in my face (after I had sampled two
tiny sips)
and asked if I was OK to drive.
Santa Maria.
- The entrance to Cougar
I thought this was a cool clock - made out of corks
the time always stayed at 5 o'clock
it reminded me of the clock at my house that says
'there is no time like the present'
(but no matter how many new batteries I put in that clock it maintains it's own time standard)
which brings us back to the moment
of
'there is no time like the present'
DEEP
and
TRUE
on a lighter note....
the above
not sure if you can make this out
but it is a giant USA flag
made out of flowers
there is an area in Carlsbad called the Flower Garden or Flower Fields
(or something like that)
and there are rows and rows of flowers - it looks like a rainbow
of rows and rows and rows of multi-colored flowers
they have been very late in blooming this year because of the weather.
My friend, Judy, came to CA for the weekend to attended a workshop.
after it was over she spent the night in San Clemente
(as in Richard Nixon.)
What a great, quaint, quirky and funky little hide-away
as seen in these photos.
Funky
yes
this is a sofa with a garden planted in it.
I like San Clemente, I highly recommend it for
cost efficiency, funkiness, cool restaurants, and THE OCEAN!!!
I'm going to go there for a weekend before my time is up in sunny California.
Last but not least,
and, in fact, what propelled me to write this entry in my blog is the purchase I made today to fly to Indianapolis in August
in honor of my parents' 65th wedding anniversary on August 7th.
I had to get all kinds of special permission to leave my sacred assignment for a few days
but so be it,
jeez
how many times do parents have a 65th wedding anniversary?
I am going to be in attendance for the occasion.
I mean, if it wasn't for the occasion of their marriage,
yours truly would never have been
created.
Hallelujah.
and all that.


well...such an interesting post. so wondweful that you're coming in just to celebrate our anniversary. how did you manage the time off? all of those flowers makes it sound like a paradise and i liked the clock made of corks, so neat. love you......hjw
ReplyDeleteSo nice that you are coming in for mom & dad's anniversary! And I love the looks of that hotel/motel/b&b ? in San Clemente!
ReplyDeleteLife looks good! And so do your photos.
ReplyDeleteXOXO