It's been a while since I have felt inspired to post because I have had a
ROTTEN
cold for a week. Now, I am not one who is prone to colds and sickness and going to the Dr.
(I know people who go to the Dr. as a career)
This is the third time I have been sick since December!
So I figure since I haven't been sick for over three years, I had to make up for it,
AND,
get it out of my system before I go back to work in a few weeks!
This is the third time I have been sick since December!
So I figure since I haven't been sick for over three years, I had to make up for it,
AND,
get it out of my system before I go back to work in a few weeks!
I love to hike and bike and climb go to yoga.
I do not like feeling like my head is a waterlogged kickball.
I am not big on lying around watching Netflix or playing WWFs all day
(well, I AM addicted to WWFs)
but anyway, I spent all last week just lying around
and feeling like
@@##!!!%%%#@@@!!!!!
if you get my drift.
Anyway, I missed my dear friend Janny's birthday party in Sierra Vista, and other enjoyable events.
I did enjoy a lot of inspirational ready by Pema Chodron.
I also had my taxes done - maybe that is why I got sick!
I am so happy that I decided to go ahead and complete a home improvement investment that I have been wanting to do for a long time.
If I had waited AFTER I had my taxes done I would most likely have NOT gone ahead with the tiling, but that is a different story.
It is my 60th birthday present
from me to me.
(see, no problem with saying the word 60 - who cares)
Here are some photos:
Before shot of my 400 sq. ft. patio
After shot
During shot - the tile is installed and the sealer is being applied
Let's do some grouting!!
I was going to do this job myself, then I recruited all three young men in my life,
then, I thought - too much work and juggling schedules.
SO
I hired these guys to do the work!
It was great.
Kinda hard on the back and knees.....
The tile had small animal prints on some of the tiles.
The people at Home Depot said the tiles dry in the sun in Mexico and small animals
are just roaming around.
They looked like stamps to me.......
Just for fun, I selected five marble tiles and added them to the design.
I likeee.
Finished!
These were my first visitors
they ran and jumped and put their fingers in the animal paw prints.
She was fascinated with the marble tiles.
Can you tell these guys are twins?????
Oh, now THIS is a whole other story!!!


Wow, what a difference! I see new patio furniture in your future - or at least cushions. You'll have to have a dance on the patio.
ReplyDeletebeth it's just simply beautiful!!! i wish we could be there for yoir party, as you know. take good care of yourself and don't overdo, hjw
ReplyDeleteI expect you to surprise me.
ReplyDeleteOh for Pete's Sake!
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful!
What a delightful present to yourself, especially the part about hiring the twins!
I too wish I could come to the dance.
Maybe next year if we are both in the same state.
Hugs
I know you are all going to surprise me and fly in this weekend! Never mind that you may be in Spain, and or 88 and 85 years old or the fares are too high....I don't want to hear excuses!!!
DeleteSeriously I will be basking in the joy that you would all like to be here with me!