Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day weekend in SV

It was a "stay-cation" for me this weekend.

The above is tonight's (Memorial Day)

sunset from my apartment.





Pretty goddess statue 




I went meteorite hunting with a new friend in Willcox on Sunday.

This big bald-headed buzzard and a few of his cronies

were eating a jack rabbit in the middle of the road.

They dragged the carcus under a tree -

it was disssssgusting.




This is the Benedictine monestary in St. David's, Arizona



Bisbee for lunch on Monday




I went bird watching on Saturday morning at 7 am on the San Pedro River.

At first I thought I was not going to like it,

with these people calling out,

"There is a red headed something", or

"there is a yellow throated warbler", or

"there is a blah blah eagle".

The leader let me borrow some binoculars and  

before I knew it,

I was calling out, 

"There is an owl!!"

and we saw a great owl way up in a tree.

There were hummingbirds, and a blue heron

by the end the leader said he thought I was now an official

"birder". 



Every year the great Bisbee 1000 takes place in the fall.


Bisbee is tucked into hills with lots


and lots of stair ways.


I would like to do it sometime but it is after my assignment ends down here.



One of the lions guarding the monestary at St. David's.

All in all it was a fun-filled, busy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i"ve never seen an owl. looks like fun,

    ReplyDelete