The other day I spent a delightful afternoon with Ava.
I picked her up from pre-school and she had lunch in the backyard
(I was fasting - day before my dreaded 'C')
Anyway,
she kept looking up at the grapefruit
and
wanted to 'pick those big oranges'
(as she called them)
I told her they were grapefruit several times
but it just wasn't connecting for her so
eventually I called them big oranges too.
I got some scissors and a chair and we went to work.
At first she wanted to pick them.
I held her up and she tried and tried
and then
decided I should pick the 'oranges'
and
she would catch them.
She was very busy picking them off the ground and running over to
the chaise with them,
and
counting them.
She really liked to count them.
She wanted to juice them
I showed her how to hold the 'orange'
on the juicer till all the juice
was out.
She took this very seriously.
She held up each squeezed 'orange'
and
said,
"How's this Noni"?
I would say, "It looks good"
and
she would pick up another.
Finally,
she wanted to taste the juice.
So I poured her a small glass of freshly squeezed
'orange' juice.
She took a sip
and
put the glass down and shook her hands in front of her
and grimaced, and said,
"It's a little....... a little ......
strong, Noni".
No more 'orange' juice for her.
But I put it in the refrigerator and thought about how I
will, at some point, mix a little of that juice with vodka!!
That's the ticket.
loved this. ava is darling
ReplyDeleteAva so cute. Tell her Avery says hi. Avery asks about Ava all the time.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine picking grapefruit in February! It's f-r-e-e-z-i-n-g in Indiana.
awwww..... I will tell Ava that Avery said 'hi'! I saw in the weather how cold it is in Indiana now....yowch!!! It is GORGEOUS here right now!
ReplyDelete