These are photos I took of Huachucas on my way to work on Friday.
It is a very eerie feeling
to open the door to get my paper
and smell
smoke.
Then I drive to work and the first thing I see
is this....
smoke billowing from the Huachucas
the area that is smoking is an area that
I have taken a keen interest in
hiking
Ramsey Canyon and
Miller Canyon
And
Carr Canyon
all
burning
The fire spread onto
the post
on
Friday Afternoon
and
keep in mind
this is the high desert
and I don't know the square mileage on the post
but
there are miles and
miles
of brown
grass
that supposedly gets green
when
the
rain
comes
sometime in June or July.
It took me
45
minutes to get off the post on Friday
when I left at
3:30 pm
the drive off post usually takes me
7 minutes
The post
was partially
evacuated
on Friday.
It has been a great weekend
-went a Diamondbacks game
(we won)
- got my bicycle tire repaired
-took donuts to the W's on Saturday morning
-watched sweet C Saturday afternoon
- had my hair blown out and make-up applied
for a special primping day by Nell
-had a fabulous dinner with everyone at Nell's
- Went golfing with my
dear son and son-in-laws
-talked to my dad who was busy building a cradle
we talked golf and life
- had a great sunset bike ride on Sunday
and am heading
back
to
the fire
at 5 :30 am
ugh
Being so close to a wildfire is a scary thing. When I drove to Florida for Nate & Jess's wedding, I75 was closed due to smoke somewhere between Atlanta and Florida. I kept taking pictures of it, but they didn't turn out very good. You kinda had to be there. I remember the smell, too. I was worried it would get in the wedding dress I had been trusted to transport to Florida. Hope it rains in AZ!
ReplyDeleteSusie
who is he making a cradle for?
ReplyDelete