Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ramsey Canyon


I
went on my first good hike this past Sunday,
with my colleague, Yves (he's from Switzerland)
Ramsey Canyon is a popular place
for
bird watching
and
butterfly watching
the birds and butterflies migrate from the south and go
right through Ramsey Canyon



Pretty flowers


The trail begins...

We start to slowly climb



An abandoned cabin


Pretty
It
didn't feel like the desert
because there were grass and trees
and the old familiar smell of sweet sycamores
which reminded me of
Pleasant Run Parkway


We climbed to 6600 feet,
which gave us a great view to the south


and to the north...
Sierra Vista is in the distance


gurgling shaded streams


new leaves just blossoming


do you see what I see?

There he is ....



An abandoned log cabin
bet some miners lived there
or early
homesteaders


I liked this view


This sign was rather sobering....
although I didn't see this at Ramsey Canyon
but on a drive I took one day off the back of the post by Parker Canyon Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment