Thursday, March 3, 2011

MARCH BIRTHDAYS

Birthdays

There was a time when I would be

SO EXCITED

that my birthday was coming...
I couldn't wait!
so exciting.....

It wasn't so long ago....

now

when mid-February comes along

I become aware
that it will soon be here.

I have a sense of sadness

that another year

has already passed ...

and
increasingly
aware
that
those
years
do
not
go
on
FOREVER!


Not so exciting anymore.

But I am filled with

GRATITUDE
that
I
feel

GREAT
physically
and can still go climb a mountain, bicycle 50 miles,
practice intense yoga
really....
almost

ANYTHING

I put my mind to do.


GRATEFUL

that I have three healthy, competent, independent
and just fun-to-be-with
children
their spouses
and

SEVEN

GRANDCHILDREN

who all live nearby

GRATEFUL

for my loving brothers and sisters
and
mom and dad

GRATEFUL

for my dear and loyal friends

GRATEFUL

that I have work
and that it is meaningful work

GRATEFUL

that,
so far,
I have enough money

that I can live comfortably
(and haven't gone to the poorhouse yet)
(family joke)


I am even

GRATEFUL

for the sorrows that of course also come along in life

that have taught me
to be grateful.

I am filled with gratitude today
my
58th birthday!

AND

It's
not ALL about me...

because March is a BIG birthday month for our family.

My son was born 31 years ago today
so his birth
on
my
birthday

has added

a special dimension to birthdays
he
has
always
generously shared his birthday with me

:-) :-) :-)

and

one of my darling grand daughters was born

six

years

ago

on

March 2nd -

Dahlia Elizabeth

so

even

though

the years seem to fly by faster each year

March is a time

of celebration

:-) :-) :-)


a pre-birthday golf game
we shared the course with lots ducks


A very fun day spent on the golf course
with my three favorite
boys.

This cactus has been hit MANY times by golf balls
it just looked so majestic

These golf clubs are used by my son-in-law
they were my Dad's first set of golf clubs
that were purchased at a garage sale
about 25 years ago.

(When he gets new clubs he will be amazed the improvement in his game)

Jack came directly from work
still in uniform

It is a very pretty little golf course

Here is the birthday girl
at her birthday party...

What a CUTIE !!!!!
(enjoying another master piece
cake prepared by Aunt Sarah -
notice the camp site theme)

She wanted a "camping" theme
so her parents
set up a camp in the driveway
including
a pop-up camper
campfire
s'mores


What a GORGEOUS sunset!!!
as a special treat from nature


to be continued..............





3 comments:

  1. Awww. Happy birthday mom. Nice pics of that sunset. Not a good pic of fatty fat me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vintage golf clubs. And the campsite birthday party - neat. And the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month for you!

    Glad you had such a great birthday- you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete