
I am in Indiana visiting and celebrating fall and my mother's birthday
(more on that below)
When I am out of town
so
many memories pop into my head.
I often think of the funny things my grandchildren say to me.
It's funny because they say such hilarious things
on a rapid fire basis -they keep them coming,
that I forget to remember them all.
So when I am away they often pop into my head
and make me smile.
This five year old child in the above photo is
the queen of hilarious statements.
Here are a few:
When she was two years old and I was babysitting she refused to go to sleep
so she sat next to me on the couch sucking her thumb.
I was watching the Diamondbacks playing baseball.
After about a minute she pulled her thumb out of her mouth
and said:
"Noni, hand me the wemote"
more recently she has said:
"Noni, Noni, Noni, my yittle Noni..."
or sometimes she will get on an age kick.
So she will look at me and say
very carefully and slowly:
"Noni, you're kiiiiind of old....not REAL old....just kiiiinda old"
She is the child who knows where everything is kept and runs to retrieve any item that might be needed or even possibly needed.
She runs and gets ice if anyone has any type of injury
including a bump, a scrape, or if someone is crying.
Ice will always soothe.
When I am out of town
so
many memories pop into my head.
I often think of the funny things my grandchildren say to me.
It's funny because they say such hilarious things
on a rapid fire basis -they keep them coming,
that I forget to remember them all.
So when I am away they often pop into my head
and make me smile.
This five year old child in the above photo is
the queen of hilarious statements.
Here are a few:
When she was two years old and I was babysitting she refused to go to sleep
so she sat next to me on the couch sucking her thumb.
I was watching the Diamondbacks playing baseball.
After about a minute she pulled her thumb out of her mouth
and said:
"Noni, hand me the wemote"
more recently she has said:
"Noni, Noni, Noni, my yittle Noni..."
or sometimes she will get on an age kick.
So she will look at me and say
very carefully and slowly:
"Noni, you're kiiiiind of old....not REAL old....just kiiiinda old"
She is the child who knows where everything is kept and runs to retrieve any item that might be needed or even possibly needed.
She runs and gets ice if anyone has any type of injury
including a bump, a scrape, or if someone is crying.
Ice will always soothe.

This birthday girl celebrated her 83rd birthday on October 19th.
I wanted to bake her cake so I texted the only cake expert I know.
Sarah.
I told her my dilemma and Sarah responded:
"Make the letter J"
Aha. So simple and perfect.
Then I texted her,
"How should I decorate it?"
(because Sarah is an outstanding cake decorator)
She responded:
"Make some icing and add sprinkles"
She keeps things simple for her ma.
Anyway the finished product is above.
No comments:
Post a Comment