Near my lodging in Washington was a college
-St. Martin's -
lots of trails winding through a forest.
I explored the area soon after my arrival in early September.
On one of my first adventures,
(ok, I was lost)
I came upon this magnificent
holy place
in what seemed to me at the time, deep, deep in the forest
but
actually it was just around the corner
from the entrance to the forest.
almost magically tucked away
in the pines.
Beautifully landscaped with moss-covered
walls and red-bricked path
dating back into the 1800s
Names of
Christopher, Leonard, Gregory, William, Jerome
and a few favorites of mine:
Augustine and Meinrad
The day I brought my camera
the sun was just setting so the photos were dark
but the sun peaked through the quiet majestic pines
creating an outdoor cathedral
of sacredness.
the sun was just setting so the photos were dark
but the sun peaked through the quiet majestic pines
creating an outdoor cathedral
of sacredness.
i liked the pictures, so peaceful and pretty
ReplyDelete