Thursday, May 15, 2014

Indy in May --





Arriving in Indy - Andy picked me up at the airport, with mom and dad in tow.....

the redbud tree was in all its red bud glory.......






The weather was chilly and gray with lots of wind the first few days.

Mom went with me to pick up my number and to the expo....





Before I picked up my number, I had some fun at the Expo, trying out some raspberry energy cubes, buying a new lined, long-sleeved running shirt (since I did not bring clothes for COLD weather); and band worn around the waist, in which I could store my phone, energy cubes, whatever I wanted......

It was fun buying cool running gear.



This was a selfie I took after I dropped my phone - it was taken around the 12 mile marker....

I was running on empty.....




Triumphant after finishing.....it has been 7 years since I ran the Half Marathon in Indy

and those 7 years took were LONG years!!

My daughter told me that my brother and I look 'pretty good for old people'.

I took in the best sense....  






Cookout -  new grill 



The Aunties wanted to take a 'selfie'  (martini party for the Aunties...) 

hmmmmm........






Golfed twice with my Dad at Pleasant Run Golf Course -

we saw a big buck deer come out of nowhere and run across several of the holes at the course.

It was quite a sight.


Saturday morning - time for the wild ones to go to Jockamo's and pose with Aunt Susie.  

 They were supposed to arrive late Friday at 11:30 at midnight...but instead didn't get in

till 2:15 am.  They didn't let that stop them from having some fun.

Wild children.



"Instagram-Off" in Irvington



Hope springs eternal....at the sight of the old building that was the Children's Home in old Irvington.




Time for a cook-out!




Cuties.








Sunday brunch at Cousin Helen's ...





Serenade by the Aunties....."Let me call you sweetheart, I'm in love with you....."








No words can describe this hat....created in about 5 minutes after everyone else had finished...she was a little busy with the baby......



The winners - of the Hat-Decorating Contest
1.  HMW
2.  HJW
3. SWW 

It was a sweep !!!!





Cousin Helen directing all the cousins and Aunties where to sit
for photo time!




What a fun time visiting with family at cousin Helen's  




"and ice cream castles in the sky....."

on my way home after a nice long visit -----

The End.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice recap! Glad you got the redbud in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too...the redbud...by the time I left, it was all green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost make me want to run again! Glad you enjoyed being back in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Connie! The run was great - lots of music and people cheering - that's what got me through. Running isn't as fun as it used to be - hiking and biking suit me better these days. But I DID sign up for next year's Half Marathon!!! It felt great to finish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we did a lot more!!! nice, beth, it was great having you, Nellie , sarah and darling jude here.
      love, hjw

      Delete