Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday, January 26, 2014



Color Run




I was kind of dreading the 3.1 mile Color Run that was held yesterday.

The idea is just to have 'fun', and to be 'happy'.

As you run, you go through various color stations:

pink

green

red

blue

purple

and as you run through the station there are about 

20 people throwing or blowing paint on each runner

as they pass.



After the first station, I could tell it was going to be fun.

Nell and I mostly ran the 3.1 miles course

and Soph and Sarah mostly walked it.

Paul met us at the finish line 

(with all five of the other children in tow)

at which time he took lots of photos,

and the rest of the kids had a blast throwing paint at each other 

and on themselves.  It was a mess!

The paint was dry. 






I think this is going to be one of my all time favorite photos of the three of us.




The Desert Classic Duathlon is

FIVE weeks from today.

That means it will be time for me to run

3.5 miles

bike 21 miles

followed by another 3.5 mile run

It is the day before my birthday

and my fear is that

I will not MAKE it to my birthday!!!!

Anyway,

I have a strict training program

and today was time for me to do a 30 mile bike ride.

As you can see from my bike computer,

I rode for 2 hours and 14 minutes.





and I rode 29.6 miles





Maximum speed was 23.8 mph



and my average speed was 13.2 mph

What this doesn't show are the 2.2 miles I rode to the bike shop so the

guy could reset my bike computer.

So,  add it together - I rode


  31.8 miles 


today.





Afterward, I treated myself to a pedicure....

for some reason, blue was calling my name.

I like the colors in this photo....

BLUE toenails and GREEN grass.....

maybe the Color Run rubbed off on me in more than one way.






1 comment:

  1. beth, don't say you won't make it til your birthday!!! it sounds like the color was fun. cute pics

    ReplyDelete