I had the privilege of spending the weekend with one of my darling grand daughters a few weeks ago.
We went to the park a LOT, walked over to a high school football game where she was enthralled
with the cheerleaders, the band and wanted to know why all of the teens were standing up talking.
She wanted to know why they were doing that.....we drew, visited with cousins and had lots of fun.
She found this sweater in a chest and wore it to the football game. It was knitted by her great-great
Grandmother for Andrew when he was about six.
On to Indianapolis for my annual trek for my mom's birthday - always a great time of year to visit Indy. (last year I was in Europe at this time so I missed it). Anyway I attended my Uncle Jack's funeral. He was 91 and his children were there with their children, so it was a great time to visit and spend time together. I think Uncle Jack would have approved.
these three cousins were all born within a week of each other
way back 1920
not really,
1957
Colorful tree in Indy
birthday party
martooni time for the girls.......
a delicious birthday dinner cooked over the grill
brothers
baby brother

birthday cake..... 8 + 6 = 86 !!!!
Happy birthday, dear Mom, happy birthday to you...............
next day off to Turkey Run
we usually stay overnight but not this time.
looked at the beautiful bronze statue with lions and monkeys and pigs and a big peacock at her feet
We had a yummy picnic in the beautiful fall weather
with the wind blowing in the trees
s'mores
and hike over the bridge and back into rock formations

last day and off for ride and on to the airport
Lastly, I had to have a photo taken for work, so Nell was going to take my picture with her big fancy camera, so I actually put on clothes, make-up, did my hair and went to her house - only to find Paul had taken the camera....so she put on her creative hat and we took some photos on my phone.
Which one do you think I used?
this picture says..... "I know you want to talk to me.....sit down....talk to me....."
this one says....."this is hilarious, I'm sitting on my daughter's bed having my headshot taken for work....I can see the pillows in the background...."





I recognized that yellow sweater right off! Can't believe it is still around. It looks pretty on A.
ReplyDeleteit's ok that the pillows are showing. it is comforting and relaxing.
ReplyDeletenellie
come, take a seat. what brought you here today?
ReplyDelete"i'm a seasoned professional"....
ReplyDeleteyes, the yellow sweater has been around for a LONG time. not sure how it ended up at my house....
ReplyDeletenice wrapup of your visit. it was a good time. that sweater is about 40 years old. I bet you chose the 1st pic.
ReplyDelete