Just returned from a short, but action-packed trip to Indy.
It all went according to plan until my dad dropped me off at the airport
and as I checked in was told my flight was cancelled.
So they drove back out to the airport and picked me up
and an impromptu party happened.
I am worn out - I need to be back here to rest up!!
It all went according to plan until my dad dropped me off at the airport
and as I checked in was told my flight was cancelled.
So they drove back out to the airport and picked me up
and an impromptu party happened.
I am worn out - I need to be back here to rest up!!
These are a few photos from the weekend.
Above, my mother holding the doll that Dahlia made for her.
She loved it
and she loved all the sweet letters she received from all of the W girls.
So did I
:-)
We had to have the traditional
Martooni party for the girls.
We haven't had one in a while because someone was sick or gone,
but they had a good old time!
Lots of laughs and stories and everyone talking at once....
Yummy breakfast at mom's.....
This bike is about 40 years old.
John bought it while he was in college - I had one too,
but have no idea what happened to it.
Anyway,
he had it tuned up and brought it to Indy to have
a bike available to ride
while visiting.
It was great!
I checked out the components and saw that the gears were
Shimano -
which are top of the line and can obviously
last a long time!
The seat was way too high for me
so my Dad had to move it down
for his
big baby girl.
gaaa............gaaa.....goooh
I had a good long, hot ride
and went by this house
25 North Chester
where I lived from the age of 4 till 14.
Some of the houses have been torn down,
the brick street is paved over and there used be be two trees
in front of our house.
We used to climb them and play telephone.
We spread a string between the two trees and poke the ends through
the bottoms of paper cups,
and talk to each other.
We also used to hide in the leaves of the branches and yell out
to unsuspecting people walking down the side walk.
We'd say stuff like,
"Hey dreamboat!!!"
and when they looked up we'd say,
"Not YOU shipwreck!!"
What a bunch of delinquents.
Even though there has been a drought in the midwest this year,
the tomato bush was thriving.
Here is mom with a ripe tomato - they were delicious
all meaty and tasty and dripping and ripe...
We went to a
Vintage Art show and Sale on Saturday.
Dear Lord, it was hot and muggy and miserable,
but the treasures were there!
I would say the above items are from the 60's......
Antique type-writer.
I remember there was a type writer very similar to this in
my Grandad's drugstore, and he would type out prescription labels
one finger at a time.
Susie bought this cool wicker chair
it was in great shape.
Found this cool quilt from the 30's
(so the seller reported)
It was in great shape and so
I bought it!
The pattern is called, "Drunkard's Path".
The pattern is called, "Drunkard's Path".
This was the side of a truck with mirrors leaned against it.
if you look closely, you can see me taking the photo.
Sweet photo of Susie and Avery
at the weddin'
My cousin Jeannie and I at her daughter's wedding..
we don't look too bad for aging beauties!!!
;-)
These two girls have a guilty look.
Why?
Why do you think?
S A A is engraved on our hearts for all time.
Breakfast with the old SAA gang on Sunday.
I usually end up laughing uncontrollably remembering
how silly we all were and the pranks we pulled
on the poor nuns.
View of mom's living room.
Finally,
I liked this building we saw at Fountain Square on Sunday.
What a great message.
wow, you covered it all. we had a great time, didn't we?
ReplyDeleteyes, we did! Now I need some time to recover!
ReplyDeleteGood photos!
ReplyDeleteloved the post! there is no question where your darling oldest daughter comes from! i can see her hiding in the trees doing that very same thing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mindy, she is her mother's daughter!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your wonderful trip. The pictures and commentary were great.
ReplyDelete