Friday, February 11, 2011

Florence, Italy


The Duomo

My camera has run out of battery juice.
and
I cannot find the cable to recharge it
so
I took tons of photos in Florence
but I was only able to download a few
so
I am posting a few.




Duomo
A magnificent enormous cathedral
first built in the 1300


These busts were in the room next to
"David"
rows and rows of busts


"David" by Michaelangelo

I have seen David many many times in photos
but
no
photograph
does it justice,

It was magnificent.
I looked at it for at least twenty minutes
from every direction.



a typical street
Florence was fantastic
the
shopping
the food
the museums
the
many, many
cathedrals and churches
the above photos are just a few.

Enjoy

(and I will post more at a later time)

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to visit Florence (and many other Italian cities) when I was in high school. Looking at your pictures reminds me of what a beautiful place it is and how much fun I had...I wish I were there again!

    Glad you enjoyed your time abroad!

    ReplyDelete