Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday evening

This is a photo of my co-workers from about 3 years ago -back when I had a real office and real live-people co-workers.

It is Sunday evening and I am not going to work tomorrow - for the first time in 14.5 years. It seems like I have kept work the guiding light of my life for all those years. Now, here it is and I am NOT going to work on Monday morning. I do have an interview though.

I sent a farewell email out to my cyber-co-workers who are spread from Seattle to Maryland. I said something like this:

"I began my career here as the Clinical Director of a tiny start-up EAP in Phoenix, AZ. The Board of Directors told me I was taking a big chance, and I might be out of work in six months. Or, if it took off I would have a heck of a ride. I would say the past 14.5 years have been a heck of a ride.

I am looking forward to my next adventure."

I received many good wishes and kind words from my many cyber-co-workers. It felt like good closure.

About 6 pm on Friday night there was a message on my computer saying, "Account disabled. Connection terminated."
That felt really final.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a start - wow - I do not work there anymore!

I think it was time, and I have some time to thinks things over, before I begin my next adventure. I think I would like to do some traveling and reflecting on my life before I make any big decisions. The times they are a-changin, so said one of my favorites, Bob Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment