
So far,
I have received just a few Christmas cards.
One from a high school friend who has sent me Christmas cards for about 35 years or so.
From newlyweds, to baby one, baby two, baby three,
through the children's grade school years, high school years,
college years, then 1st child's marriage,
and so on
and so on.
You get the picture.
My children have always loved to look at those cards and compare them
year over year.
I have saved probably almost all of them over the years.
Anyway,
the only other cards I received were from
my good friends,
at Channel 8.
And then a couple of days ago I received
a card from the Obamas,
you know,
THE OBAMAS
signed by everyone
Barack, Michelle, Talia, Misha
and
Bo
(their dog)
(he signed with a paw print)
I am very tight with the Obamas.........
But this week I received some absolutely darling cards
from two of my three children.
And I mean darling.
REALLY
d-a-r-l-i-n-g
Other than that, I am very busy working and need to get in the
Christmas spirit.
The other day I stopped at the W's
it was Tuesday. The first thing I saw when I got out of my car
were the lights that paul had hung.
On the driveway
was a small piece of notebook paper and a pencil sitting on top of it.
It said,
"Dear Santa,
I want a rul firr dog
and two or three other items I could not make out.
As I neared the front door,
out came D - running
she saw the paper and pencil in my hand and said,
"Noni, I was just coming out to get that.
I left it out there when I was watching Daddy hang the lights."
As I walked in I could hear someone playing a Christmas tune on the piano,
there was a roaring fire, and Paul was putting lights on a giant
Christmas tree that almost reached the ceiling.
I definitely felt a surge of Christmas spirit,
especially thinking about the wonder of an
innocent six year old writing out her letter to Santa......
I wonder if I can find her a rul fir dog -
she told me it is a toy -
soooo darling :)
ReplyDelete~helen