Friday, September 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home





These are some of my favorite photos

from

Sierra Vista:
Align Right




From my apartment

These are the Chiricuahas



One of the many "Trail" signs

in the Huachucas

I was lucky enough to hike in these mountains many, many times!


The above is a part of one of my favorite hikes

This section was very near my office on the Fort.

I would leave my office on many days, change clothes at Burger King

fill my water bottle with ice and water

and hike

basically straight up.

It was about 45 minutes straight up and about 35 minutes down.

A great workout!!

And it really helped me feel very fit.

I did it about 3X a week for much of the summer.




A wonderful weekend visit with my delightful grand children



Maybe it was the mountains, I am not sure

but the cloud formations were just spectacular!!


Another wonderful visit from my big kids

and little kids

these are some shots from Tombstone


Walking on the boardwalk



She likey getting her photo taken!



The swings were a B I G hit!!!



with everyone!!




The fire (above) it seemed to last

forever!!



I have only been home for one week!

It seems longer.

It has been deeeeeelightful.

I seem to have brought back an awful lot of clothes and stuff

I just don't know where to put it all!

It was overwhelming last weekend so I just

shoved it all in my bedroom and have been

sorting through things a little each day.

It has been a culture shock coming home.

The people here drive

C R A Z Y

driving fast, changing lanes

with no turn signals,

cutting each other off

and I know I have only been gone for six months

but these drivers

make me nervous!!!

I like the more polite, slower drivers down in S.V.!

I added some of my favorite photos

and I have many, many more!

While I was there,

I joined

Weight Watchers

The Astronomy Club

The Huachuca Hiking Club

The S.V. Public Library

I was very busy and I met some new friends

I have to admit that although I was excited to leave,

while I drove away, watching those gorgeous Huachucas,

I had tears in my eyes.

I kinda loved it down south!

Hope I have the opportunity to return.

(I am scheduled to return same time next year)

:-)

So this week has been just so indulgent. After returning from

six months of being "on", it is great to just relax for a month before I

start my next rotation.

I have bicycled ( a lot)

golfed

babysat

had lunches with friends

ran/walked

dropped by Nell's for coffee

worked in the yard

prepared a family dinner

gone to the library

the dentist

the doctor

planted flowers

and

taken a nap

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

very unlike me, but I have been wiped out!!

It is great to spread out and enjoy my lovely home

after being crammed in two rooms for six months.



One thing I have noticed is the amount of anxiety and

ugliness in politics and the world

and I feel compelled to commit myself

to bringing peace to my little world.

It is all that any of us can do......





No comments:

Post a Comment