Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reunion, clouds, and August in Indiana

I know this refrigerator looks old and decrepit


but

my Dad says it is from 1934

and it is currently in the basement at my parents home.

It keeps beer and soda

REALLY

cold.

But I remember this same refrigerator at my

grandparents' home when I was a little girl

(and my Dad remembers it from when he was a kid)

it was in the garage

and we would grab cokes out of there

whenever we felt like it.

I think it also held cans of whipped cream and Hershey's chocolate

My brother and I

would

dump chocolate into our mouths

and then fill our mouths overflowing

with whipped cream

and swallow the whole thing

in one gulp

and then do it again...

those were the days...


I

Senior year picture

oh my

everyone's hair looked exactly like mine....


oh mom, you know you looooove these photos......



Pretty flowers at 968



oh my

this was late in the evening......

We stayed up until

3:00 A.M.

!!!

nuthin to it...


Dad's most recent creation

a

new

cradle

for

the

new

b-b-b-b-b aby!!!



Triple trouble.......

Lee, Beth, Mary Lou.....




Oh.....

now we are having some fun....later in the evening....



At the reunion

having some fun

with the Susans and Mary Lynn



The rain didn't stop our cookout

beef tenderloin....

Y - U - M

!!!


It is that time of year in

Indiana...

the tomatoes are ready!!!

Delicious!


What a tame group

this was the small gathering

BEFORE the reunion

everyone looks adult and mature,

relaxed and happy.

Mary Lynn, Susan, Susan and JoAnn

Our lives may have taken various

twists and turns,

we've grown and changed

but basically we are

very much the way we were

way back then.

(40 years ago!!!)



Another miserable sunset in Sierra Vista......



On the road again....

on my way to Tucson



Love these clouds....



1 comment:

  1. Nice pics! Looks like a good reunion. And I think I saw those same clouds in Indiana yesterday ... could that be?

    Sister Susie

    ReplyDelete