Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Want, riches, green, emotional health, thoughts, etc

oh, I do like blue too.

green print for chairs and valences

green walls, rug, pillows

I am a big subscriber to various resources on the internet
who generously send me messages
via my inbox, some, on a daily basis.
I am not sure what is in it for them
I guess

to

inspire and encourage me personally!!

or maybe to

make the world a better place.

Or perhaps to

promote their product.

Anyway,
I receive Daily Poems from The Poemhunter

The Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor

Daily Om - Nurturing mind, body and spirit:
December 13, 2010 Unifier of Opposites The Color Green

The color green balances our energy so that in looking at it we feel confident that growth is inevitable.
Green is a combination of the colors yellow and blue, each of which brings its own unique energy to the overall feeling of the color green. Blue exudes calm and peace, while yellow radiates liveliness and high levels of energy. As a marriage between these two very different colors, green is a unifier of opposites, offering both the excitement of yellow and the tranquility of blue. It energizes blue’s passivity and soothes yellow’s intensity, inspiring us to be both active and peaceful at the same time. It is a mainstay of the seasons of spring and summer, thus symbolizing birth and growth. Green is one of the reasons that spring instigates so much excitement and activity. As a visual harbinger of the end of winter, green stems and leaves shoot up and out from the dark branches of trees and the muddy ground, letting us know that it’s safe for us to come out, too. In this way, green invites us to shed our layers and open ourselves to the outside world, not in a frantic way but with an easygoing excitement that draws us outside just to sniff the spring air. Unlike almost any other color, green seems to have its own smell, an intoxicating combination of sun and sky—earthy, bright, and clean. In the best-case scenario, it stops us in our tracks and reminds us to appreciate the great experience of simply being alive. Green balances our energy so that in looking at it we feel confident that growth is inevitable. It also gives us the energy to contribute to the process of growth, to nurture ourselves appropriately, without becoming overly attached to our part in the process. Green reminds us to let go and let nature do her work, while at the same time giving us the energy to do our own.

The Universe- thoughts become things...choose the good ones..www.tut.com:
Be at peace, dear Beth, rest easy, relax, coast and luxuriate to any degree that you can allow yourself, for the day will inevitably arrive when you'll understand all the "reasons" that now elude you, bless the darkness that now seems to separate you, and celebrate the ancient choices that once made you. Just as we do.
Trust me, The Universe


Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! ® © www.tut.com ®


oh, and a new one:

Success Quotes:
"My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants."
- J. Brotherton

I like the above statement because it is so easy to want, want, want and a good reminder that wanting and grasping are the basis of all suffering
(and I didn't make that up - the Buddha did!)

oh, and

Health Tips:
Work on your emotional health It is just as important if not more so, than your physical health.

So, so true!

And there are probably a few more...

Many of these messages surprisingly are meaningful to me. Or it could be like reading the daily horoscope in the newspaper or the messages in fortune cookies.

I guess whatever we happen to come across on a daily basis we can turn it and twist it and make it mean something that we particularly designed
just for us.

I enjoy my daily messages and it is true,
we do choose our own thoughts
and those thoughts
usually do come true.

For instance, today's message from Om - about the color green
I have been
SO
drawn to the color green recently.
I had my walls painted my walls green, bought a green rug, pillows,
have green Christmas ornaments.
I keep purchasing green clothing,
I really like the green color of the font I am using off and on
Ok
green is a Christmas color.

I like what today's Om says about green
"
green is a unifier of opposites, offering both the excitement of yellow and the tranquility of blue...
inspiring us to be both active and peaceful at the same time."

I like that active and tranquil....

and:
"Green balances our energy so that in looking at it we feel confident that growth is inevitable. It also gives us the energy to contribute to the process of growth, to nurture ourselves appropriately, without becoming overly attached to our part in the process. Green reminds us to let go and let nature do her work, while at the same time giving us the energy to do our own."

Balancing energy and creating growth....nurturing ourselves...
giving ourselves energy to do our own growth....

Yes, I like it.

Hey,
It is 80 degrees in Phoenix Arizona today on December 14th and I
need to get OUTSIDE and enjoy it!!!!

yeah!











1 comment: